January 16, 2011

Sorry about my absence!

I believe my review of soap nuts is long overdue. A few days after I last posted here, back in August, we got a positive pregnancy test! The morning sickness hit pretty hard shortly after that and I was pretty much out of commission for the rest of the year. Blogging fell very low on my list of priorities as I could hardly handle everyday tasks.

I have, however, still been using my soap nuts and love them! My laundry smells, feels, and looks just as fresh as it did with my commercial detergent. Except for now I feel like it is even cleaner because I know it is not coated in all the chemicals found in commercial detergents. I am looking forward to being able to wash the babies clothes and not worry what it coming in contact with their skin! I plan to purchase more when I run out (I just started into the second bag that came with the deal I posted last time) so these soap nuts are lasting a long time and have been very beneficial to my laundry process.

Other than that, we have not made many other strides in our health journey. In fact, for a while we back tracked a little bit when I was not able to cook or anything. Carson handled most of the cooking so we reverted back to some convenience foods just so we could have something to eat. I am planning a small garden which I will be starting seeds for soon. We grew a tomato plant and some herbs last year and they were so useful. It feels so nice to prepare food from your own back yard!

I'll be back soon to post about the few things I was able to accomplish in the past few months such as making my own lotion bars and baking with fresh ground flour!

No comments:

Post a Comment